Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: choosing a LCD TFT Touchscreen shield  (Read 34590 times)
Switzerland
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I've put the include "arial50-h" in the header.

But the standard font f15x22 is also compressed why does this work and the new generated arial50 not???

thx
Andy

Arduino rocks
View Profile

The latest version the the TFT_Font library supports compressed fonts.

A closer look at your font header file raised 2 points-

The font uses 2 bits per pixel.  Again TFT_Font appears to support this but it is not a feature I have ever used.  The only way i could get the font editor to export at 2-bits-per-pixel was to colour the font.  Try re-exporting as a montone

The .h font is very small - I had assumed you trimmed the data but a play with the font editor produced some odd results-

Deleting single or multiple characters from the font sometimes results in an exported .h file which appears to contain only 1 character.  It looked like this happens when the exported font has a large gap in the character table of 6 or more deleted characters.  Try using a continuous range of characters and re-exporting the font.

If that fails, post your code.

Stuart

Arduino rocks - Yeah Baby!!
View Profile

ok, I stand corrected, thanks. I thought I was using the latest library but obviously not.  :-[

If you could post your code then we can have a look.

thanks

Andy
 smiley

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi,

I just got my first TouchScreen from Byvac. It is now special offer. It is on their main page http://www.byvac.com . I am now busy with other things but will start hacking it next week. If it is any good I will try to write library for it for Arduino. I have newer programmed for touch screen but what I gather is that it gives out an interreupt when something touches and then you read serial data about the coordinates and off you go. Any good sources for example programs for other screens appreciated.

Best Regards
Kari

Arduino rocks
View Profile

> I have one of the nuelectronic tft/lcd shields (the 2.4" version) and found it an interesting sheild to use.

AndyL, could you please give me advice with this shield. I bought this shield and 2.8" shield for Arduino Mega - but I found troubles with both shields.

Shield 2.4" for Arduino Diecimila/Duemilanove perfectly fits my MCU (Freeduino 2009) - but I cannot compile the demo sketches - conpiler cannot find touchpanel.h header file.

Shield 2.8" for Arduino Mega has no pins for arduino contact headers - but has 2 parallel rows of pins (18 pins in each). It may be connected to breadboard - but I cannot attach it to my Seeeduino Mega.

I try to build suitable keyboard for my wearable computer with these LCD-screens - but I still cannot wind the way to work with these shields. I've sent letter to Nuelectronics - but no reply yet...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:12:54 am by Yana2010 » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Yana2010,

Did you put the TFT_lib folder in your Ardunio libraries folder?

I also tried to turn this screen into a keyboard but all the digital pins are used by the screen so you can't do a serial print. Maybe if you mess with the SPI control you could do it.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Cush Bowl,

> Did you put the TFT_lib folder in your Ardunio libraries folder?

Sure - I have unpacked the library in "libraries" folder.

Oh, I just found the bug in this library! I use Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) - this OS is sensitive to letter case in filenames. There is Touchpanel.h file in the library - but Touchpanel.cpp contains the string
Code:
#include "touchpanel.h"
I replace it with
Code:
#include "Touchpanel.h"
and the compilation is done!

But there is another question - how to connect 2.8" Shield for Arduino Mega to MCU...

> I also tried to turn this screen into a keyboard but all the digital pins are used by the screen so you can't do a serial print.

Sounds sadly... So I cannot exchange data between Arduino+TFT and PC via USB? May be couple "Arduino Mega + TFT Shield for Arduino Mega" is more suitable for keyboard project?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Judging from the picture it looks like the Mega TFT is designed to connect to pins 22-52 on the Arduino Mega. If you look at a picture of a mega you'll see what I mean. With the mega you should have no problems using serial print since it doesn't use the communication pins.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Cush Bowl, thanks for advice! Really, it seems that you are right. So, I have another head ache - my soldering "masterhip level" is terrible, and there is impossible to connect the shield without soldering...

Anyway, now I know the way to resolve the problem smiley

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I found another bug in Nuelectronics demo sketch (slide show from SD-card). The program draws bitmaps flipped horizontally.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

That is odd because my Nuelectronics demo sketch does not show this problem.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Grumpy_Mike, do you have Windows? Under Windows compilation must be successeful - just because Windows make no difference between filenames "touchpanel.h" and "Touchpanel.h". Under Linux said names are different and cannot belong to the same file.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi there,

I'm about to order the 2.8" TFT Color LCD,touch screen shield for Arduino Mega from Nuelectronics, but I need some more infos.

The most important thing for me is the possibility to read a bmp from the sd card and to draw it on the screen.
I'm already working with the 2.8" LCD touch screen from Watterott, but it takes about 10 seconds to draw a single 240x320 bmp (I don't know if the library has to be rewriten or if there is a problem with the shield itself, but I have not the time to investigate).

My question : how long does it take with the Nuelectronics screen to display a full 240x320 bmp from the SD card ?
Is it possible to display smaler bmp (sprites, icons, etc.) directly read form SD ?

If somebody has already test it and can tell me, I will really appreciate.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regis

France
God Member
View Profile

Hi,

Another question about the 2.4" TFT Color LCD,touch screen sheild V1.2 for Arduino Mega from nuelectronics.

Could the shield handle at the same time LCD display, touch and SD :question

The competitor ITead Studio ITDB02 LCD Shield v1.3 could handle LCD + touch OR LCD + SD but not the three features at once.

Wattertot answered me their Arduino mSD-Shield + MI0283QT-2 Adapter (mounted, incl. LCD) could run LCD display, touch and SD at the same time.

Thank for your answer and best regards,

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Yea it does all three.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: