Go Down

Topic: Arduino solar tracker (Read 39754 times) previous topic - next topic

jbishop129

Jan 20, 2011, 07:12 pm Last Edit: Jan 26, 2011, 08:58 pm by joeinbend Reason: 1
I found that it is actually still doing some of those odd calculations, and on further investigation, it's also doing it on the ElevationAngle. The reality of the matter is, I don't need two decimal places of accuracy; that is overkill. Having the panels re-align every minute by fractions of a degree will probably consume more power than the elevated solar efficiency gain of the panels being aligned by that small of an amount, so in practice, it is impractical.

I went ahead and dropped my recording back to just integer-level, and set the database writing to every 5 minutes (roughly how often we get an actual degree of angular change on either axis), and also have my 2-axis rig adjust every 5 minutes instead of every 1. This seems to be more practical, although I'm frowning slightly that I am voluntarily dropping the accuracy resolution, but that's just a personal struggle I'll have to get over ;)

gokulesh

hello,
am a beginner in using arduino as well as solar tracker.. can u pls tell me what for u guys using ethernet shield? i integrated a prog using a rtc and motor drive alone. is ethernet necessary? :)
regards
gochi

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy