Go Down

Topic: How to send a sms with a Sony Ericsson phone (Read 374 times) previous topic - next topic

kristof

Jan 20, 2011, 10:36 am Last Edit: Jan 20, 2011, 10:36 am by kristof Reason: 1
Hello Hulk, thanks for the reply. In de mean while I bought a cable and removed the "usb to serial converter". I connected it to the arduino. With newsoftserial I can send at commands with seralmonitor. The next thing I did was loading your example so the arduino will tell the T68i to send an sms. But I get a error while compiling the example. I get some error that newsoftserial not recognize "myserial.write(26); So I changed that line to:
byte ctrlz = 26;
mySerial.print(ctrlz);
And now it will compile and the program works. The arduino sends an sms with the T68i.
I tried the software sserial2mobile, but it will not work because we use PDU?
So I just use your link: http://www.twit88.com/home/utility/sms-pdu-encode-decode to convert to PDU. Can you send me an example how to read an sms from the T68i? for example when I send an sms "output 13 high" to the T68i, is it possible to read this with the arduino and the put digital pin 13 high?
Thanks,

HULK

Jan 24, 2011, 09:25 am Last Edit: Jan 24, 2011, 09:25 am by HULK Reason: 1
kristof, great that you manged to get it working.
Could you share the code you used with the newsoftserial library?
My code example above was intended to be used without the newsoftseial library.

Yes, it is possible to read a incoming sms and then do something, i did something like that a while ago and could turn on/off lights at home.
Let me share the code for that with you here later today or tomorrow.

Go Up