Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Proto Shield v.4  (Read 1285 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

OK i have these shields in stock, and I'm wondering if there are assembly instructions anywhere
it wasnt hard to figure out but it seems odd that the +5V line is right above (nay, on top of!) the USB connector which is grounded. sure you can put tape on but then you cant solder to the points.

http://www.adafruit.com/images/large/protoshieldon_LRG.jpg shows what i did.

im a bit confused :?

Daniel

hey

I don't think there's actually an assembly file anywhere. I know someone wrote one for the Sparkfun model.

Re the shorting issue I though that should be fixed too. try these files, although I would leave out the breadboard-style pin connections on the bottom layer, as they turned out to be a pain for point-to-point wiring.

D

Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile

According to Gianluca, one solution is to use longer than normal pins so the 5V holes have some distance from the USB connector.  Otherwise, I think electrical tape is the way to go.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

hey

I don't think there's actually an assembly file anywhere. I know someone wrote one for the Sparkfun model.

Re the shorting issue I though that should be fixed too. try these files, although I would leave out the breadboard-style pin connections on the bottom layer, as they turned out to be a pain for point-to-point wiring.

yah i was thinking of making something like that ill probably fork off that design and make a couple to try out.

i had an old PCB design that looks like this
http://www.ladyada.net/techproj/Atmex/quarter.jpg
are you suggesting that only the bottom has the 5-strip and the top has just circles? im not sure...

Daniel

hi

yes I would change the design on my files to eliminate the breadboard-style connections on the bottom layer between the vias, and just use regular vias for the holes.  I thought the breadboard-style vias would be useful,  but prototyping point-to-point stuff, especially analog, becomes a lot more limiting as you have to follow the lines, so you run out of space pretty quickly.  Everything else turned out O-K.

D

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: