Go Down

Topic: making pwm pins together (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic

spiffed

We should start a petition against the half pin spacing. I've just seen a tutorial somewhere on how to make your own arduino shield.. starting with drillingin-between holes on perf-board  :-?

Not to steal the thread, but is this really something people would like? A Diecimila clone with the second digital header on 0.100" centers? Seems to me like this should be an easy enough modification to any of the Freeduino clones. If, lets say, 8 people PM me and express their interest, I'll make one.
iDuino - MaxSerial - [url=http://spi

wayoda

Hi,

Not to steal the thread, but is this really something people would like?

Ohhhhhh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I'd rather see that the next revision of the Arduino standard edition (read NG ->Dicemilla->Whatever is next) would implement this feature (fix this bug?)

Eberhard

wayoda

Hi,

I put it on the Bugs+Suggestions voting page on the playground, but am afraid that it will get lost there.
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/SuggestionsBugs

What a temptation:
I typed a '3' for the new count of votes and thought
"if I simply forget to delete the old count of '2' we would be numero uno on the list with 32 votes..."

Eberhard

kuuk

Not to steal the thread, but is this really something people would like? A Diecimila clone with the second digital header on 0.100" centers? Seems to me like this should be an easy enough modification to any of the Freeduino clones. If, lets say, 8 people PM me and express their interest, I'll make one.

Fortunately most freeduino variants i know are breadboard versions. No chance for whatever odd spacings there.

I don't think the problem is creating a 0.1'' freeduino alternative. The official boards still are and should be the standard in my opinion. now, if i were to produce or release the files for a shield design i'd have to decide whether i want to make it "arduino compatible" or not by making it DIY-friendly.

i got the negative impression that the "spacing bug" has been built-in to bind users and sell 3rd-party-licenses or genuine add-ons.
i'm not into the name licensing discussion, nor do i want to discredit the arduino business plan. It's just that i'd like to have an open standard. And i want to be able to use standard prototyping boards without having my shields look like i can't solder.

|||||||| ////////       >:(

mem

Fortunately most freeduino variants i know are breadboard versions. No chance for whatever odd spacings there.

I don't think the problem is creating a 0.1'' freeduino alternative. The official boards still are and should be the standard in my opinion. now, if i were to produce or release the files for a shield design i'd have to decide whether i want to make it "arduino compatible" or not by making it DIY-friendly.

Unfortunately that's not the case. I have three different Freeduino variants and they all have the .05 spacing. Perhaps the Arduino team needs to set a good example and make the 0.05 inch step to better breadboarding. As you say, the official boards set the standard.

Go Up