Mini Documentation Error?

The documentation says that you need to tie the reset pin high and then pull it low to reset. But the schematic shows the reset pin being pulled high on the board. If I had things wired up correctly, I believe the schematic, not the words.

Hi John, all the Arduino/freeduino schematics I have seen have the reset pin connected through a 10k resistor to +5v with a switch pulling the reset pin to ground.

That sounds to me what the documentation is saying

On this page http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoMini
it says
If you leave the reset pin unconnected, the Arduino Mini will reset randomly.
This implies the reset pin is not pulled up.

In the playground Arduino Playground - ArduinoMini
it says
ALSO connect the reset pin through a large (10k ohm) resistance to +5v.
which also implies that reset is not pulled up.

John Abshier

If you have a mini and a multimeter you could check if the reset pin is +5v without an external resistor connected.

Hi John,

The documentation says that you need to tie the reset pin high and then pull it low to reset. But the schematic shows the reset pin being pulled high on the board. If I had things wired up correctly, I believe the schematic, not the words.

This short article here explains why the words actually match the schematic:

Eberhard

Thanks Eberhard, but the words in post#2 above implies that a pull-up is not connected, yet the schematic does show a pull-up. If the schematic is correct then words should be changed.

...but the words in post#2 above implies that a pull-up is not connected, yet the schematic does show a pull-up. If the schematic is correct then words should be changed.

You are right, I didn't follow the links in post#2
John is also right, on page

it sounds like the pull-up resistor is not on the board.

Anyone (John?) to confirm the pull-up resistor actually is on the Mini? I only dealt with plain NG boards so far.

I sent a mail to te developers list, to have someone look at this thread and fix the error.

Eberhard