Go Down

Topic: Diecimila resets easily when controlling a motor (Read 5652 times) previous topic - next topic

hj43us

All of you seem to suggest that the reset is caused by a power supply problem. I'm not sure this is the cause, specially as the reset does not happen when powering up the motor but after a while.

It seems more like the USB port is being reset. Could you check this out? Do you have a serial arduino to test it?

I've got some trouble myself with certain external power supplies causing the above mention USB port reset.

Just my two cents,

Miguel

editkid

May 31, 2009, 03:39 am Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 03:40 am by editkid Reason: 1
Just wanted to chime in and say that I have similar problems with an Arduino Mega and the Tamiya 70097 dual motor. I've it hooked up to a TB6612FNG motor driver from Pololu.

I'm also a total electronics noob, though. So I'm going to take the wise advice and buy a stack of caps, see if that solves the issue.

I can definitely say that if I hook up the motors to a battery and power the Arduino via USB, that the reset takes a lot longer to kick in and I can actually get the motors to spin for several minutes.

Sounds like motor noise from what I've read.

I'll report back.

editkid

After following a short lesson on de-coupling and implementing the lesson learnt, the electrical noise seems to be a lot better. I still can't run both DC motors on full speed when powering the Arduino and motors via USB. But when I use a LiPo battery to power both, the motors go up to full rev perfectly.

Might try servos next project :)

Go Up