Go Down

Topic: Bug in Arduino 0017 IDE (Read 744 times) previous topic - next topic

goodie2

Hi and thanks for all your work in building the Arduino IDE.

I found a big bug - the hard way.

1. I started Arduino.exe and the IDE opened and showed an empty document, "sketch_nov23a".

2. I clicked on File, Sketchbook and chose the recent project. (there was only one)

3. It loaded up in another Arduino window. I then closed the original sketch_nov23 empty window.

4. I worked on it for three hours and had my sketch running great.

5. I had to close Arduino temporarily to do something else. I closed the window and it asked if I wanted to save changes and I clicked Yes. It then closed down, but my changes WERE NOT SAVED.

6. I restarted Arduino.exe and my sketch was back at the stage it was three hours ago.

I have replicated this fault again. The fault does not happen if I leave the initial blank Arduino window open and then close that one last.

I am running a Windows XP machine with all straightforward options.

It seems as if the blank initial IDE window is a parent of the new window that is loaded and when the parent is closed the child window becomes orphaned.

Anyway, I hope this helps to improve the IDE. If you can't recreate the bug, I can make a screen-video of it and show you.

Cheers,
Goodie2

mowcius

I have had this happen to me once too.

I just have to make sure I remember to use the save button...

It needs to checka to see if it saved before closing, can this be done easily?

Mowcius

bill2009

I've heard of this so I just treat that first window as a launching pad.  There must be an open issue on google code for it - it's a bad bug.

you might want to check the status there and chime in though - i haven't done it.

mellis

This was inherited from Processing - it will be fixed in Arduino 0018 (the update is already in the SVN version).

mowcius

Cool, when's 18 coming out then?  ;)

Mowcius

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy