Go Down

Topic: Arduino GSM Shield + Yun (Read 8956 times) previous topic - next topic

sunnycyk

I am new to GSM shield.  I have problem when verify/compile Sketch with GSM library for Arduino Yun.  I got the following error while compiling:

Code: [Select]
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/GSM/src/GSM3CircularBuffer.cpp: In member function 'void GSM3CircularBuffer::debugBuffer()':
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/GSM/src/GSM3CircularBuffer.cpp:269: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/GSM/src/GSM3CircularBuffer.cpp: In static member function 'static void GSM3CircularBuffer::printCharDebug(uint8_t)':
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/GSM/src/GSM3CircularBuffer.cpp:282: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/GSM/src/GSM3CircularBuffer.cpp:285: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope

Can anyone point me to right direction how to fix this?  Thank you.

Palliser

I guess you are using IDE 1.5.6-r2. I do not have a Yun but I tested some GSM examples using IDE 1.5.5-r2  with Yun as board and all they compiled w/o errors. You may should try with 1.5.5-r2 and see.
Regards,
P

sunnycyk

Thank you.  I will give a try later.  :)

davidgoth

The GSM3 library has an error. It includes HardwareSerial.h instead of Arduino.h in some classes. I fixed it.
You can download it in this URL: http://arduinoshield.tid.es/GSMLibrary/GSM3.zip

JaanH

Should this version work on the Arduino Mega 2560 board?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy