Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: ATX Power 1.1 - Power Supply for Arduino & Devices  (Read 4505 times)
SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

yea for a computer they are but you plug a brick into them then it converts voltages

well you can plug a brick in to a arduino ...

see where I am going smiley

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

yea for a computer they are but you plug a brick into them then it converts voltages

well you can plug a brick in to a arduino ...

see where I am going

I was meaning it more as a "power supply option", not really for the Arduino; I understand that you could just plug the brick into the external barrel jack (or VIN) and go thru the on-board regulator - that would make more sense for most projects...

Now, if you were bypassing the regulator, or using/building a standalone system where you needed possibly more current than a regular regulator could give, you could put the mating ATX connector (Molex MiniFit Jr line, IIRC) on the board, and then easily plug in the PicoPSU (or even a regular ATX PSU) to power the entire board. Granted, though, this kind of setup would only be useful in a minority of cases and needs, most likely...

smiley

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Chieri (TO) IT
conTESTI.eu electronics
View Profile

The different idea of ATX Power is to use ATX PS independently from the pc to work powering arduino and other devices that need more current and - possible - differente voltages.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: