Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino uno with buspirate as a programmer  (Read 991 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Don't know if it's exactly a bug..
I have a bus pirate wich I started using as an avr programmer, an arduino duemilanove and a uno.
I've noticed that the version of avrdude shipped with the arduino SW doesn't support it already, so I back-uped the original files and used the last official release of avrdude wich support it, made the necessary changes to boards.txt and programmers.txt.
I erased the 2 arduinos and used the IDE to burn sketches directly with the buspirtate and it works with both. When I tried to ri upload the bootloader on the 2 voards from IDE, with the duemilanove I found no problems, and the sketch via usb were uploaded just fine. With the uno instead, the programming was ok, while the IDE didn't recognize the board, I first thought of a misprogramming and tried to reload the optiboot bootloader from command line setting also the fuses and getting the same results. I verified the image inside the mega and was correct, so I searched around the internet and found that the arduino ide uses it's own avrdude to upload sketches with the bootloader.
Swapped again avrdude and avrdude.config it worked just fine.
I don't understand exactly why with the duemilanove it was alright already after programming the mega, with the latest avrdude and not the same for the uno.
Any hints?

Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

anyway, I think this thtread should go into the software/Bugs section.. Sorry..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: