Go Down

Topic: sends dueminlove high when clicking on tools 0021 (Read 4115 times) previous topic - next topic

zachtos

Sometimes when I click on the 'tool' menu, my arduino will send all of the digital and analog pins high.  I do not know why it does this, but if I forgot to unplug some of my components, it will fry them because they are designed to pulse through hexfets 10-50ms @ 2Amps, not stay on for 3-5 seconds at 2Amps!

I use windows 7, aruino pro and ardunio dueminlove USB.  This has happened in all prior builds as well.
IR Combat laser tag developer/inventor

retrolefty

Dec 18, 2010, 12:57 am Last Edit: Dec 18, 2010, 12:58 am by retrolefty Reason: 1
Sometimes when I click on the 'tool' menu, my arduino will send all of the digital and analog pins high.  I do not know why it does this, but if I forgot to unplug some of my components, it will fry them because they are designed to pulse through hexfets 10-50ms @ 2Amps, not stay on for 3-5 seconds at 2Amps!

Possibly you are resetting the Arduino via the auto-reset feature of the Arduino IDE? If that is it, then all your pins go to input mode, floating. A possible solution for your mosfets turning on in that condition is to wire a pull down resistor between the gates and source terminals. say 10k ohm.

Lefty

James C4S

Sometimes when I click on the 'tool' menu, my arduino will send all of the digital and analog pins high.  I do not know why it does this

Sounds like when the IDE scans for available serial ports, the Auto-Reset goes active.  Follow retro's advice.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

eried

The scan routine is very dumb in the original RXTX library. It just tries to open each port. Possible solutions:

1) Go to the FTDI options (Start / Printer and devices) and disable the "port enumeration" (or something similar) and try again

2) Try with a rxtx library mod: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1237179908
My website: http://ried.cl

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy