Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: sends dueminlove high when clicking on tools 0021  (Read 2715 times)
Michigan
IR Combat
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Sometimes when I click on the 'tool' menu, my arduino will send all of the digital and analog pins high.  I do not know why it does this, but if I forgot to unplug some of my components, it will fry them because they are designed to pulse through hexfets 10-50ms @ 2Amps, not stay on for 3-5 seconds at 2Amps!

I use windows 7, aruino pro and ardunio dueminlove USB.  This has happened in all prior builds as well.

IR Combat laser tag developer/inventor

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Sometimes when I click on the 'tool' menu, my arduino will send all of the digital and analog pins high.  I do not know why it does this, but if I forgot to unplug some of my components, it will fry them because they are designed to pulse through hexfets 10-50ms @ 2Amps, not stay on for 3-5 seconds at 2Amps!

Possibly you are resetting the Arduino via the auto-reset feature of the Arduino IDE? If that is it, then all your pins go to input mode, floating. A possible solution for your mosfets turning on in that condition is to wire a pull down resistor between the gates and source terminals. say 10k ohm.

Lefty
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:58:15 pm by retrolefty » Logged

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Sometimes when I click on the 'tool' menu, my arduino will send all of the digital and analog pins high.  I do not know why it does this
Sounds like when the IDE scans for available serial ports, the Auto-Reset goes active.  Follow retro's advice.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

Chile
Edison Member
Arduino rocks?
View Profile

The scan routine is very dumb in the original RXTX library. It just tries to open each port. Possible solutions:

1) Go to the FTDI options (Start / Printer and devices) and disable the "port enumeration" (or something similar) and try again

2) Try with a rxtx library mod: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1237179908

My website: http://ried.cl

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: