Go Down

Topic: Documentation Ethernet: Client class (Read 5715 times) previous topic - next topic

I finally got the example web client and pachube streams working.
I had to poke around around for a couple of weeks to find someone that had come across the problem before. I was pretty sure that I had something not all together right.  I finally found a post (unfortunately I can't give proper props because I can't find it now) that indicated that I should add gateway and subnet to the  Ethernet.begin(mac, ip, gateway, subnet);
I added this to both sketches and they now work great.
Who updates the 'official' documenation and may consider updating the documentation?
This may have saved me a week.

It's all working fine now.

The gateway and subnet parameters are documented in the reference: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/EthernetBegin

Jan 15, 2011, 08:54 pm Last Edit: Jan 15, 2011, 08:54 pm by NRG_WILL Reason: 1
Im trying to write a sketch that will send a UDP packet off the arduino ethernet shield (arduino Mega 2560 and ethernetSD).

I'm not seeing any traffic. How do I tell that i am setting up my socket correctly? I am using ethernet.begin() , I am passing MAC,IP,gateway,Subnet parameters.

is that all I need to do to get a good socket?

Thank you!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131