Go Down

Topic: IDE (0022) crash when loading invalid sketch name (Read 4692 times) previous topic - next topic

David 12345

For no particular reason I tend to use the hyphen character inside filenames (to separate words). When I try to load such a sketch into the arduino IDE (0022), it crashes. Can you either catch the exception and print a suitable error message or - more preferably - allow this to work with hyphen characters. I am also assuming that sketches containing international characters in the name (and of course associated folder) will also cause issues.

retrolefty

Jan 17, 2011, 03:18 pm Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 03:18 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
I can tell you from experience that if you try to save a sketch while using the IDE and try and use a dash character for the file name, it gives you a bitchy message and tells that it changed the dash(s) to underscore characters.

So it seems that the IDE does not allow dashes in sketch pde file names. Don't know why, I just obey. Kind of like some of my wife's rules, don't make sense but easier to comply then not.  ;)

Lefty

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy