How to become a moderator ?

Hi everyone,

Simple question : who do I contact to become a moderator in the french section ? The actual moderator Jean-François is okay

Regards

If you can't figure out to read all the threads in this forum (the sticky at the top details moderator requirements), are you really cut out to be a moderator?

????!!!

First : politeness begins with a "hello" or a "hi"
Second : what requirements are you talking about ? I read this topic of course and didn't find my question's answer

Hello

Second : what requirements are you talking about ?

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=54857.0

I read this topic of course and didn't find my question's answer

You read what?

PaulS:
You read what?

I think I have read the 6 page of post, maybe I missed something ! I posted in, look at the last post

I am a moderator (in the dutch part of the forum). I asked to become a moderator in the above mentioned thread.
I was not informed I became moderator. I just was moderator one day.

The only real difference between a moderator in a forum (I'm not talking a global moderator) and member I'm aware of are:

1. possibility to delete threads (spam)
  2. possibility to modify messages from others (add code tags)
    Both of which I have done but I don't think more than once.

My thinking is that the first rule to become moderator is: behave like a moderator.

Best regards
Jantje

PaulS:
If you can't figure out to read all the threads in this forum (the sticky at the top details moderator requirements), are you really cut out to be a moderator?

One might be particularly suspicious of that Avatar!

Jantje:
I am a moderator (in the dutch part of the forum). I asked to become a moderator in the above mentioned thread.
I was not informed I became moderator. I just was moderator one day.

The only real difference between a moderator in a forum (I'm not talking a global moderator) and member I'm aware of are:

1. possibility to delete threads (spam)
  2. possibility to modify messages from others (add code tags)
    Both of which I have done but I don't think more than once.

My thinking is that the first rule to become moderator is: behave like a moderator.

Best regards
Jantje

Thanks for your reply

I just want to help the actual moderator, I'm often present on the forum and it's just to do the job of moderator (not administrator) which is for me managing topics (like moving it in the right section when it's not the case for example) and control that the forum rules are respected. The second moderator of the french section is not really active and Jean-Francois told me he would be really happy to get some help ^^

So I will wait ...

One might be particularly suspicious of that Avatar!

I am.

I propose you can ask Jean-François to make a request on your behalf?
He knows how you behaved and helped in the French section.

my 2 cents,

You imagine I asked him before :wink: he told me to send an email to David Cuartielles (what I did but I got no answer) or directly to Massimo. Before writing to the big boss I wanted a confirmation before, I imagine he has many other things to do xD

Ok, I'll make a request to support the application of B@tto to become a moderator.

Jean-François