Go Down

Topic: ISP Board ? (Read 830 times) previous topic - next topic

tehboii

Ok, as said on a previous thread, I'm on my way of buying an ISP. Anyway, I've got one more stupid question ^_^

ISP requires an assembled board, with ISP pins available, right ? What if I just want to program the ┬ÁC while trying things, playing, etc ? Is it easy to make or buy a board with ISP pins and nothing more  to program a controller just for testing, before even starting to design the final board ? Or should I go for a non-ISP programmer ?

Thanks for your answers,
T.
... could use some sleep

kg4wsv

You can always use a breadboard and some wires to connect the ICSP to the ATmega.  I've programmed a few this way.

The ZIFduino is a handy solution to this problem - it's a Diecimilla clone with a ZIF socket.

If you plan to do lots of them, a simple board with a ZIF socket (and power) may be in order.

-j

tehboii

Ok, I thought about doing something like this, board + ZIF + Power Reg + Power In + ICSP pins. Seems quite easy.

Thanks.
... could use some sleep

kg4wsv

That was exactly my plan before I got the ZIFduino.

-j

spiffed

Prior to purchasing a ZIFDuino, I used virtually the same setup your describing. It's blogged about over here.

I switched to the ZIFDuino mostly because it's nice not to have a pile of wires.
iDuino - MaxSerial - [url=http://spi

Go Up