Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: CH F-16 Fighter Stick Hacking  (Read 989 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have an old CH F-16 Fighter Stick joystick that I would like to use with a robot for remote control(http://thecentralthinkingunit.blogspot.com/). But the only problem is that I can't figure out how to hack the handle controls. I hacked the potentiometers in the base already but the buttons seem to befuddle me. This is an image of what it looks like is attached. The pcb only has 11 wires going back to the main controller pcb( which is now stripped of parts) but it has around 15 individual buttons.
All help in unraveling this mystery of electronics phenomena is appreciated!
Thanks,
L

* joystick.jpg (4.08 KB, 225x225 - viewed 26 times.)

View Profile

Take a look at any Multiplexing tutorials you can find. 15 buttons and 11 wires, it could be setup in a few different ways.

When you say there's 11 wires, do you mean exiting the actual joystick handle going to the PCB, or in total?

Any chance we can get pictures of how it is currently? It would help tremendously to help figure things out.

View Profile

Sorry I meant 12 wires. I think that the buttons are in a matrix, but I have no idea what the diodes on the pcb are for. I will try to upload a photo soon!
Thanks,
L

View Profile

Due to some wires breaking on the pcb that I do not want to repair, I have decided to just use the buttons I want to use. But thanks for all your help though!
Thanks,
L

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: