Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino UNO with MIFARE RC522 and SD Card Reader module  (Read 1183 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi. I already made a simple RFID Card Reader with my Arduino UNO and MIFARE RC522. I also got it working with my Custom Time Attendance System by reading the serial output of the Arduino after reading the card. Now I'm looking at expanding this by attaching an SD Card Module to make it as a standalone device for collecting attendance logs. My problem now is that the sample code for Read/Write to SD Card uses the SPI pins 10 to 13, which the said pins are already used by my RFID Module.

Here's my pin assignments for the RFID Module:

SDA            D10
    SCK            D13
    MOSI          D11
    MISO          D12
    IRQ             N/A
    GND           GND
    RST             D9
    3.3V            3.3V

Can the 2 modules share these pins? If not, anyone can help me with mapping the pins needed for the SD Card module? Thanks in advance.

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

the pin 10 of the SD card is probable the Device Select pin (also other names)
so if you can connect that pin to lets say pin 8, and rewrite the sd library a bit so it uses pin 8 to enable the SD card
then you can disable the RFID when you want to write to SD  and vice versa

get the idea?

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

View Profile

Thanks for the reply, I'll try it out.

View Profile

Hi Rude, did you manage to sort it out because I am a student and I have project to design and build attendance system and I am gathering information as much as I can and how can you help as well?

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Hi Rude, did you manage to sort it out because I am a student and I have project to design and build attendance system and I am gathering information as much as I can and how can you help as well?
If you are a student you should try to design it yourself and show your work (project code) here.
If it doesn't work then you will get more help (but most people do not make your homework smiley-wink

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: