Go Down

Topic: MicroArduino Controlling EL Wire with Transistor? (Read 2382 times) previous topic - next topic

So I'm looking to use a micro arduino to power individual battery packs for turning on and off. So I was thinking I could go about this by having a transistor go right in between the battery and the inverter, that way I can control the power from the batteries into the inverter and then that turns on the one strand of wire. I think this would work because I'm looking to essentially create a switch from the DC portion, as opposed to having the AC being powered by the Arduino.

Thanks in advance.

Did you have any luck figuring this out? I am interested in this too.

It's pretty much bound to work IMO (you cut the power, how could it keep going? x) - but then again I'm frying MOSFETS like there's no tomorrow so my advices aren't worth much =p ) but what I really wonder is: Can it dim? :3 - flashing it on and off through PWM (I need my EL panel to "heartbeat" in style for a project =) - but i'm too afraid to fry my one and only inverter :<, ebay shipping times are scary..) ... That'd be so badass o_o ......

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131