Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: MicroArduino Controlling EL Wire with Transistor?  (Read 1366 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

So I'm looking to use a micro arduino to power individual battery packs for turning on and off. So I was thinking I could go about this by having a transistor go right in between the battery and the inverter, that way I can control the power from the batteries into the inverter and then that turns on the one strand of wire. I think this would work because I'm looking to essentially create a switch from the DC portion, as opposed to having the AC being powered by the Arduino.

Thanks in advance.
Teddy

View Profile

Did you have any luck figuring this out? I am interested in this too.

Denmark
God Member
Please don't send questions as PM!
View Profile

See how Sparkfun does it: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11323

// Per.

France
View Profile

It's pretty much bound to work IMO (you cut the power, how could it keep going? x) - but then again I'm frying MOSFETS like there's no tomorrow so my advices aren't worth much =p ) but what I really wonder is: Can it dim? :3 - flashing it on and off through PWM (I need my EL panel to "heartbeat" in style for a project =) - but i'm too afraid to fry my one and only inverter :<, ebay shipping times are scary..) ... That'd be so badass o_o ......

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: