Go Down

Topic: Arduino Bluetooth® sku: DEV-08255 (SparkFun) (Read 727 times) previous topic - next topic

Curious

I would like to buy the Arduino Bluetooth® sku: DEV-08255 SparkFun for developing as a Bluetooth devide that after programming & removing from PC USB/Serial port, it can:

1. Interface with a sensor using SPI lines to get its data
2. Then do some small calculations
3. Finally send those results to a Bluetooth dongle

Can it be done with SparkFun DEV-08255 & Arduino Alpha 0013 SW tool?

Thanks for any response

trialex

Feb 27, 2009, 12:40 am Last Edit: Feb 27, 2009, 12:41 am by trialex Reason: 1
Well, no, I don't think it can do what you describe.

You could not program it via USB - it has no (onboard) USB. The point/advantage of the Bluetooth arduino is that it can be wirelessly programmed via bluetooth.

I think you should just get a normal arduino, and add a bluetooth modem like this one http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8332

This would let you perform the tasks you describe, and would be cheaper (and more flexible - reuse the modem) as a bonus

Curious

Feb 27, 2009, 03:45 pm Last Edit: Feb 27, 2009, 03:49 pm by Curious Reason: 1
1. I did call SparkFun Technical center & they recommended the DEV-08255 is the one to go. I am sorry mis-lead you by typing too fast. I did type Serial/USB (USB does not existed), but it has J1 for Serial Interface (might be used for download FW or link to Arduino Alpha 0013).

- However, I could not find any FW (program codes) to backup what I need & they recommded me asking in this forum

2. I did verify the Bluetooth® Modem - BlueSMiRF Silver: WRL-08332, I could not find any ATM command that I can talk to SPI pins (to get sensor data), its SPI pins however connected to the BlueTooth BGB-203

3. But as you mentioned (with your experiences) are you sure that I can get data from SPI sensor then transfer its data to another BlueTooth dongle with the WRL-08332---> can you provide any links so that I can verify it?

Many thanks for help

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy