Go Down

Topic: Build without Bootloader Questions (Read 461 times) previous topic - next topic

ellrod

I have a board that I have designed and I am able to successfully build and load an image using the USBtiny programmer. I added an entry in boards.txt for my board specifying the programmer and that works fine.

How does the boot process work in this case ? How does it know to boot directly to my code instead of vectoring to bootloader on reset ?
Also how do I set the fuses in this case ? Again I am assuming that the bootloader. directives in boards.txt are ignored ? The reason I ask is that it appears the CPU is running at 128KHz (ATmega168 internal slow clock) which is governed by the fuse settings. How do I control the fuse settings in my case ?

It almost seems that there are some additional directives to be added to boards.txt when you build to run without a bootloader. Another funny is that after the build is complete it still says 14K is max available instead 16K (which is what I expect without bootloader)

Thanks,
Steve

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy