It says I'm banned???

When I try to login from my laptop, I get a message that says I've been banned as a spammer. But when I login from my desktop at home I'm fine. I've tried clearing cookies and all the usual stuff. Any idea what might be going on?

Welcome to the club!

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=228284.0

I thought I could fix it by going into the control panel (windoze) and deleting history( cookies etc.) but that did not work.

I use Chrome to see this site and one time I opened a second Chrome and I noticed it had several choices for me to pick.

In other words my history (cookies?) with Chrome was not cleared.

I went into Chrome settings and there I was able to clear out my history and now I'm able to log on.

My wife had the same problem - had to clear cache & history & all that stuff to clear out the banned stuff.

Delta_G:
When I try to login from my laptop, I get a message that says I've been banned as a spammer. But when I login from my desktop at home I'm fine. I've tried clearing cookies and all the usual stuff. Any idea what might be going on?

It's the "terminator" feature of the forum software. It knows that some years from now, your laptop will become self-aware and turn to the dark side, so it is performing a pre-emptive strike.

{Hey! Anyone have a better explanation? No, I didn't think so!}