Go Down

Topic: Looking for a custom board (Read 495 times) previous topic - next topic

sredmyer

I have a very specific project in mind.  In this project I want to replace the control system in an existing device.  For this to work my control system will need to control:
1) 5 - 12v DC motors simple on/off, forward/reverse (no speed control is required)
2) 1 - 12v DC Stepper motor (5 wire)
3) 1 - 12v solenoid
4) 1 - 20X2 LCD display

In addition to controlling those device I will also need to monitor:
1) 10 -15 Photo switches (I think that is what they are called)
2) 5 - momentary push buttons

Finally I need the controller to repond to commands from a host PC to which it is connected via USB.

I had previously posted a question asking about the number of digital I/O pins such a project would require and got good answers.  Since then I have been trying to read and understand what I would have to learn to complete this project.  What I discovered is that I will likely not be able to do this project myself.

I am a software engineer by training and know little to nothing about electronics.  Further I find, from reading about these things, that I have no interest in learning it.  But I really want to complete this project.

So my question is this, is there some place where someone in my position can go to get a custom board built with all the necessary circuitry?  Ideally what I would like to do is describe my needs to some capable person, and hire them to design and build a custom board which would contain the controller and all required circuitry to accomplish my needs.  This custom board, preferably, would not be an existing Arduino board with shield(s) but a single board containing all required circuitry.  Then I could take this board mount it in my device write the required software and be done.

Can anybody suggest how I might find such a person who would do such a task reasonably.

Thanks,
Steve

James C4S

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

sredmyer

SWEET!!

Any thoughts as to what such a project might cost me?

Thanks,
Steve

leharker

I have sent you a personal message that might be of some help.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy