Go Down

Topic: Looking for a custom board (Read 474 times) previous topic - next topic

sredmyer

I have a very specific project in mind.  In this project I want to replace the control system in an existing device.  For this to work my control system will need to control:
1) 5 - 12v DC motors simple on/off, forward/reverse (no speed control is required)
2) 1 - 12v DC Stepper motor (5 wire)
3) 1 - 12v solenoid
4) 1 - 20X2 LCD display

In addition to controlling those device I will also need to monitor:
1) 10 -15 Photo switches (I think that is what they are called)
2) 5 - momentary push buttons

Finally I need the controller to repond to commands from a host PC to which it is connected via USB.

I had previously posted a question asking about the number of digital I/O pins such a project would require and got good answers.  Since then I have been trying to read and understand what I would have to learn to complete this project.  What I discovered is that I will likely not be able to do this project myself.

I am a software engineer by training and know little to nothing about electronics.  Further I find, from reading about these things, that I have no interest in learning it.  But I really want to complete this project.

So my question is this, is there some place where someone in my position can go to get a custom board built with all the necessary circuitry?  Ideally what I would like to do is describe my needs to some capable person, and hire them to design and build a custom board which would contain the controller and all required circuitry to accomplish my needs.  This custom board, preferably, would not be an existing Arduino board with shield(s) but a single board containing all required circuitry.  Then I could take this board mount it in my device write the required software and be done.

Can anybody suggest how I might find such a person who would do such a task reasonably.

Thanks,
Steve

James C4S

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

sredmyer

SWEET!!

Any thoughts as to what such a project might cost me?

Thanks,
Steve

leharker

I have sent you a personal message that might be of some help.

Go Up