Go Down

Topic: Arduino Ethernet Board Hardware Problem (Read 5033 times) previous topic - next topic

Apr 19, 2014, 11:07 am Last Edit: Apr 19, 2014, 11:09 am by realfcbstuff Reason: 1
Hi,

I am currently modifying and developing based on arduino ethernet board to interface with a relay and fpc connector.
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardEthernet

I would like to ask regarding this component :
5   10u   CPOL-EUSMCB   SMC_B   C8, C11, C13, C18, C19   POLARIZED CAPACITOR, European symbol

I realized these are the decoupling capacitors for the arduino ethernet board.
However, based on my observation these capacitors on the original board are non-polarized capacitors.
May i know should i be using a polarized one or non-polarized capacitor in this part?

Many thanks

SpikedCola

Typically decoupling caps are ~100nF - I'd be inclined to think these are tank caps for the power supply instead.

Regardless, it doesn't matter whether you use polarized or non-polarized, as long as the orientation is correct :) You could use 10uF ceramics, which are (almost always) non-polarized, or you could use 10uF aluminum caps, which are (usually) polarized.

I see, this means that if i use non-polarized cap, the orientation doesn't matter and when i use polarized cap, the orientation matters right?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy