Go Down

Topic: Simple XBee question. Can I sense XBee analog pins via AT command? (Read 652 times) previous topic - next topic

liudr

I am confused. An XBee has analog pins. I know how to set a pin up as analog pin with say ATD0 2. But from what I read, here, I can only sense analog pins on another XBee but not my own via AT comman?

http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl?id=3522

What am I missing? Say if I have an xbee connected to an xbee explorer to a PC, how do I read this xbee's analog channel?

Thank you!

Jack Christensen

I think you're reading it correctly. Perhaps the thinking was that an XBee wouldn't be needed for local sensing, but I can see situations where it would be convenient, even if not the most straightforward. That's a good writeup BTW, thanks for the link.
MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

liudr

Jack,

I was just learning xbee analog and digital pins right now and was confused that I couldn't sense them with AT commands.

What I was doing was to use an xbee wifi to remotely power cycle other devices. Say if a data logger in the field is stuck, I want to remotely restart it instead of going on site (miles and miles away) only to flip the power switch, then I can use the existing wifi hotspot at the site and an xbee wifi on a relay shield.

Via etherios (device cloud) I can control the pins on the xbee wifi, since it's connected to the internet. There is even a place I can create widgets (on/off switches) on a dash board, instead of digging deep into the etherios settings to flip the digital pins on the xbee wifi.

All those fun activities made me think that I want to learn more about these little bees, which led me to think I could read its inputs via AT command.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy