Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Yet another small size Arduino clone with XBee  (Read 3573 times)
Forum Administrator
Cambridge, MA
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Ah brilliant!  I was expecting something awkwardly included in another spot on the board, so I missed the beautifully integrated header that you used.  Nice one.

Japan
View Profile

Hi,

Thanks. Actually, it was Nathan's suggestion.  smiley-wink

Please feel free to let me know if you have further suggestions.

Best,
Shigeru

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Shigeru-

I just received my Funnel I/O in the mail today; what an elegant design! Very nice work. I have one small suggestion for a future revision and that would be to add an out line or some kind of marker in the silkscreen to remind the user which way the XBee module gets plugged in. I notice you had that on your prototypes, but it's been removed from v1.3.

Unfortunately, I had to re-solder one of the 2mm XBee sockets because one pin was filled with solder when it arrived, but that's no big deal, I know that's hard to avoid with these sockets. Once again, thanks for the great design with lots of possibilities!

Japan
View Profile

Hi,

Wow, you might be the first person who gets FIO v1.3! I'm really glad to know that you likes. smiley

I have one small suggestion for a future revision and that would be to add an out line or some kind of marker in the silkscreen to remind the user which way the XBee module gets plugged in. I notice you had that on your prototypes, but it's been removed from v1.3.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll consider for the next revision. smiley-wink

Best,
Shigeru

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Just got my Funnel IO's - Nice work, but could you give us a hint which way the Xbee goes in the socket? I suppose I could puzzle it out, but a photo here (or on the funnel site) would help a lot of folks.

Japan
View Profile

Hi,

Please put this way. This is FIO v1.0 actually, but I hope that you'll understand the way of installing a XBee. I'll put pictures of FIO v1.3 soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25323104@N00/2737306595/

Best,
Shigeru
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 10:15:49 am by kotobuki » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hello there mate. nice work there.

Is FIO still a live and evolving project or is it left on its fate?

I would love to see it with a 328 chip on it, maybe even an integrated FTDI.

By the way, is it possible to charge the battery and power it through the FTDI header?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: