Go Down

Topic: Female headers similar to Arduino (Read 6094 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

Then a little smoothing of the cut surface with a file or sandpaper and it will look like store bought  ;)

Lefty

jabber

I know it's a bit late, but the RS link I posted above is for the DIL socket, not the SIL version. Guess who just took delivery of some ::).

Sourcery

Here's also stackable headers, that also includes a stackable ICSP connector. Just a weeeeeee bit cheaper than the adafruit (0,01$) ;)

http://www.nkcelectronics.com/arduino-stackable-header-kit.html

Just ordered from them (intl.). They seem to have quite a good stock of arduino related stuff.

/Kristian

kg4wsv

+1 for the NKC headers.

I bought several sets last time I ordered from NKC.  They work well, and look better than the headers I cut to fit.

-j

condemned

Sep 08, 2009, 10:23 pm Last Edit: Sep 08, 2009, 10:27 pm by condemned Reason: 1
In case it's helpful for bigger orders, I've found two main sources for these long-square-tailed-female-headers.

The first is Samtec:
     SSQ-108-03-G-S
     SSQ-106-03-G-S
They're pretty pricey, but they do deliver very quickly.

The second is Don Connex (whose UK distributor is Toby - they've already been mentioned)
     B06b-1x6-AGC1-G
     B06b-1x8-AGC1-G
I'd happily recommend Toby by the way. Friendly and efficient.

There's a third source, which is 4uconn, but I don't think their tails are quite square (but I'm not sure that matters). Their part numbers are 18688 and 18689.

The samtec parts above are the gold-flash version. Below is a picture of the matte-tin finish version.

[edit: And, as is often the case, I've completely misunderstood the question! - My waffling was for the long-tailed headers that are suitable for stacking shields - the OP just wanted standard female headers... Oh well, someone might find the info useful <sigh>]

::Pixel.Freak::

I sell the samtech ones over here.

http://www.protostack.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_8

The samtec ones are a little bit pricier, but the quality is very good. I've seen a lot of the cheaper ones get loose after a few insertions.

Daniel.
Daniel

vxir

Also, if you pull the "sacrificial" pin out with needlenose pliers first it makes it a lot easier to cut!

Reggie

Amen to the sacrificial pin Vxir, the ICSP header could be made out of a chopped 8.  It just dawned on me that the ICSP stack would go upside down to be useful....

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy