Go Down

Topic: Cable from standalone board to LED (Read 227 times) previous topic - next topic

Daedalus1632

Hi all!

I'm creating my first standalone project using an ATmega328p and 2x 74HC595 shift registers.
What I need to do is control 12 LEDs that will be visible through some holes in a shell.
I'm new to electonics and I'm looking for some cables that I can solder on my board on one side, and attach to the LED's leg on the other. Is there something like that?

Thank you all! =)

To give you a better idea I attached a sketch

CrossRoads

Use pre-wired LEDs with current limit resistors, can find 20 for like $5 on e-bay, all kinds of colors. Just connect the wires to your board.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Daedalus1632

Thank you for your reply.
What if I already bought a pack of 1K LEDs and I'd like to use those?

CrossRoads

Look at ribbon cable then, can find preterminated lengths with male pins on both ends for easy soldering to LEDs and to board.  Don't forget current limit resistors.

Or unterminated, strip & tin each end:
http://www.dipmicro.com/store/WIRE28X40GR
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Daedalus1632

Ok. Thank you very much for your help! =)

Go Up