I was looking around and could not find a post/place that stated every shield...I am also wondering what cool ideas people have for arduino shields but have never actually made.
I may be doing a competition for the best idea for a new shield soon - the only limitation is that, not including board costs, the parts have to cost less that $25.
I know that there is the arduino site page but it does not cover all shield made by people such as the CCShield etc...
I will start by being lazy and copying off the arduino site:
* TellyMate Shield - TV-Out from your Arduino. Uses the serial output of the Arduino to control a 38x25 character display on a PAL or NTSC TV.
* ButtonShield, a shield with 32 buttons, mode A and mode B, a space bar, and a shift key with dual inline LEDs. It lets you turn the Arduino into a handheld, portable microcontroller computer, or gadget. It is controlled over serial and comes with libraries, and is paid for by the Open Source Hardware Bank.
* Propellurino, a shield with open source software for the Arduino with a multicore prozessor. It has different interfaces like ps/2 mouse or keyboard, midi in, 2 channel analog out, VGA connector and additional I/O ports. It allows you to use as a synthesizer, display data on a VGA screen an many other things. The Arduino controls the functions of the shield.
* 6-pack, an open-source shield for the Arduino that allows you to connect six sliders to the analog input pins.
* Bjoern Hartman has published the Eagle PCB files for a shield that lets you easily use Phidget sensors with the Arduino
* Eagle files for an L293-based Arduino motor driver shield.
* Liquidware ExtenderShield - Put 2 shields on the Arduino at once (Wide) or (Tall)
* Adafruit Servo/Stepper/DC Motor shield - A shield that can control 2 hobby servos and up to 2 unipolar/bipolar stepper motors or 4 bi-directional DC motors.
* SID-emulator was developed by c. haberer and SGMK to use the arduino to control a SID-emulator chip and create old-school 8-bit sounds and lo-fi musical instruments.
* Battery Shield - A shield from Liquidware that connects to the back of the Arduino, with a USB-rechargable lithium ion battery that can power an Arduino for 14-28 hours depending on the circuit
* MEGA Battery Pack - One of the first shields for the Arduino Mega, that gives it between 15-27 hours of battery life in a lithium-ion battery that is rechargeable over USB
* Prototyping shields: These boards are generic shields for building small prototyping circuits. One has a solderless breadboard and the other has a grid of solder holes. Details
* Protoshield - Copyleft files for making your own Arduino protoshield.
* Also, see todbot's DIY breadboard shield
* Adafruit prototyping shield - A prototyping shield for Arduino.
* DMX shield.
* Liquidware InputShield - A shield with two buttons, a joystick, and an A-B selector switch for making games or controlling robots.
* Adafruit XPort/Ethernet shield - Allows use of an XPort module for connecting to the Internet as a client or server.
* RFIDShield: Connects ID-12 or ID-20 RFID readers to an Arduino. Contact me at email@example.com
if you want one.
* RFIDuino - Reads and writes 13.56MHz ISO-14443A (Mifare) RFID tags. Available as an easy-to-solder kit, through-hole only. RFIDuino mounts upside-down on top of a Arduino, and has an integrated antenna. Mounting hardware included.
* Liquidware TouchShield OLED touch screen shield.
* TriangleShield Triangular shaped wedges to rotate other shields 45 degrees off the Arduino.
* Adafruit Wave shield - Plays any size 22KHz audio files from an SD memory card for music, effects and interactive sound art
* Adafruit GPS & Datalogging shield - Connects up a GPS module and can log location, time/date as well as sensor data to an SD memory flash card.
* Simple Arduino Proto Shield Single Sided - This is a simple prototyping shield single sided for Arduino NG/Diecimila. No ISP connector, no reset button, and no leds. The advantage this board is not occupy space with something that you will not use.
* TouchShield Slide Widescreen OLED touch screen shield for the Arduino with 320x240 resolution and runs Processing graphics commands.
* Arduino Shield Scaffold - Eagle CAD schematic and PCB files with just the basic headers and Arduino outlines, a quick start for your own custom shield project.
* Eagle Library with Arduino Shield as a Library Part for the Schematic and PCB - easy to use for your own Shield-designs created with the Eagle PCB Cad Software
* TankShield - gives the Arduino dual addressable, PWM'd controlled tank treads with built in motor drivers. The Arduino snaps onto the backside of the TankShield, so other shields can be used on the robot
* Eagle lib with Arduino pins/spacing and (working) 18S20 (Maxim 1-Wire temp sensor). Also a generic Arduino (Diecimila) shield with pads and labels ONLY. Also a 18S20 temp sensor schematic and board that can be daisy-chained with ordinary phone cables.
* S65-Shield for Arduino Duemilanove or Diecimila. Hardware: 65536 colors / 132x176 pixel LCD, rotary encoder, microSD socket, expansion port for wireless transceiver
* microSD module by http://libelium.com
to read/write data from/to SD cards easily. Get the latest code by BlushingBoy
* pHduino This is a pH meter using Arduino board for pH measurements with a glass electrode.
* ServoShield The Renbotics ServoShield uses two 4017 decade counters to drive up to 16 servos using only 4 pins (digital pins 6 to 9) and as little as one 8bit timer (Timer 2) in standard mode or two 16/8bit timers (Timer 1 plus Timer 2 for Duemilanove and Timer 3 for Mega) in high accuracy mode. Also
CCShield - can't sind the page for it at the moment...