Go Down

Topic: Arduino Mini power questions (Read 535 times) previous topic - next topic

doctorwho8

[font=Times New Roman]
Hello!
I have here an Arduino Mini 04 fresh from the vendor, in this case the ITP store at NYU. I have been examining the pages on the subject, both how to connect its outboard USB device and the actual device.

One question still remains unanswered, that of powering it. I see tie points for both 5v and 9v. Plus of course a Ground connection.

I am correct here that it is one [glow]or[/glow] the other, but [glow]not[/glow] both?
----
/me
[/font]

PaulS

The 9V is input. The 5V is output, for connected devices that need 5V regulated.

doctorwho8

[font=Times New Roman]
Hello!
You, Paul stated,
The 9V is input. The 5V is output, for connected devices that need 5V regulated.
I confess I had an inspired guess while waiting for the board and the site to work out its issues.

I would see a variety of 5xx error messages and tell Firefox to do it all over again. That's why there were so many. I deleted the extras.

You replied to the first by the way.
----
/me

[/font]

doctorwho8

[font=Times New Roman]
Hello!
I came across this entry on the main site:
Power. This can be a regulated +5V power source (e.g. from the +5V pin of the Mini USB Adapter or an Arduino NG) connected to the +5V pin of the Arduino Mini. Or, a +9V power source (e.g. a 9 volt battery) connected to the +9V pin of the Arduino Mini.

This is why I asked that before.
----
/me
[/font]

Go Up