Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Yet another I2C not working experince...  (Read 215 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi there,
I have same problem as several others have reported:  I2C seems not to be working correctly. I’m trying to get the pololu MinIMU-9 v2 connected to the primary I2C pin 20/21 to work. Running the sample application from pololu  works flawless on an MEGA (github.com/pololu/l3g-arduino).  On the DUE something is blocking in the communication and the SDA line is pulled low and left in this state.  The MinIMU-9 v2 is 3.3/5 volt compliant (built in level converters) so I don’t thing I is an electrical issue.  The strange part is, that the SDA line is permantly held low after the first communication approach, and stays there.
I’m using a 20x4 I2C LCD on SDA1/SCL1 with no problems – apart from the external applied pull up resisters. I don’t have analyzing tools for debugging the I2C so I really  don’t  know where the communication stops/hangs– only oscilloscope available.
I found another thread with similar issue and (http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=217442.0) tried the alternative  wire.cpp with no luck. I’m kind of stuck with this problem
- Bo

Edit - Seems to be hardware related... The 2 x 1.5 Kohm is to low for the pololu MinIMU-9 v2. Must find a way to replace with 4,7 K or higher values. The thing is, that the wire(?) lib stop with SDA line pulled low, and i don't know why. Must bee somthing with ack or similar.....
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:47:31 am by bostDK » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: