Help to find the solenoid valve

I'm working on my airsoft gun project and I'm trying to find the solenoid I need. I need cylindrical one where ports are placed along it's main axis while all the solenoid with parameters I need have T-shaped body.

Here's the picture of the solenoid I need.

I'm looking for normaly closed 12 VDC solenoid valve.

These are the normal, direct acting, heavy, 12V, solenoid valves:

Why do you need such a specific valve ? If it is to replace a valve, what is the brand and type of that valve ?
150 psi = 10 bar, that is a lot, and with an opening of 6-8mm, you need a strong valve.
Is that a design of an existing valve ? Or just a drawing ? Because I doubt if such a valve exists. The coil is too far from the core, so it won't work with such high pressures.

Peter_n:
These are the normal, direct acting, heavy, 12V, solenoid valves:
12v valve dc 1/4" -way -port -2port -3port -bspt -inlet for sale | eBay

Why do you need such a specific valve ? If it is to replace a valve, what is the brand and type of that valve ?
150 psi = 10 bar, that is a lot, and with an opening of 6-8mm, you need a strong valve.
Is that a design of an existing valve ? Or just a drawing ? Because I doubt if such a valve exists. The coil is too far from the core, so it won't work with such high pressures.

Thanks for the link. I'll study those solenoids as soon as I get to my PC. I need cylindrical solenoid valve with diameter not greater than 25 mm so it will fit the inside the airsoft gun gearbox.

Here's the version2 gearbox:

I need to place the solenoid inside the brass cylinder on the upper right. I could use the bigger solenoid and place it like the one from the picture:

But there's a lot of gearbox types of different shapes and some of them won't have the place for solenoid this big. Still the cylinder and spring are placed in the same way so if I manage to fit all the stuff I need in that area, it will fit all the gearboxes.

I'm not sure about 6-8 mm orifice but I need that pressure to be able to launch 0.2 projectile at 700 fps or close.

The picture in your first post is a direct acting valve.
I think that picture with the modified airgun does not use a direct acting valve. It uses the air pressure itself to open en close the valve.
Here is more information:

This is the used valve:

It will be hard to find something similar to that. And I still have my doubts if that is even possible with a direct acting valve. So you could use the same valve as in the tutorial. Other similar valves are bigger.

I dont need a solenoid from that picture. I'm searching for the smaller one and it looks like I've managed to find one using the link you've provided but it's 26 mm in diameter ) I will search for one to see if it will fit into the gearbox.

And I think Kuba T1000 uses a solenoid powered by the battery - he has the battery itself and the electronic control unit to adjust timings.

I'm new to elctronics. Can you tell me what changes will happen if I will use a 12VDC solenoid with 7V Li-Po battery? Will it even work?

Most relays and solenoids will work with half the voltage, but it will be slow and not reliable.
A 7V Li-Po battery, are that two cells ? A single cell is 3 to 4.2V, so two cells will be 6 to 8.4V. It might work (a little) but that voltage is too low.

Thank you ) So I think I will stick to my 11.1 V Li-Po then until I find a 6V solenoid.

I've managed to find the solenoid I need. It's just like the valves from your link but it's smaller. Thank you again )

Now I need to control it! And I'm going to do this with Arduino, but I'm absolutely new to it. Right now I'm working on the list of arduino parts I need to buy in order to complete my project. Can you help me and an tell if my "Parts To buy" list is complete?

By the way, can you open Kuba T1000 website?

Hi

I have used that valve in a custom airsoft gun.

The diameter is wrong in the picture it is 1.5 inches (34mm) in diameter.

If you have access to a lathe you can dismantle it and carefully turn it down to fit a gearbox.
I am still working out how to connect a 90 degree bend to the inlet so as to keep the hose inside the gearbox.
Will let you know how I get on

LazyboyNZ:
Hi

I have used that valve in a custom airsoft gun.

The diameter is wrong in the picture it is 1.5 inches (34mm) in diameter.

If you have access to a lathe you can dismantle it and carefully turn it down to fit a gearbox.
I am still working out how to connect a 90 degree bend to the inlet so as to keep the hose inside the gearbox.
Will let you know how I get on

So you say I can easily cut that yellow metal witout damaging the valve? And what about the coil? It seems like the coil is 1mm thicker than AEG cylinder.

Cut the plastic coil cover off
This uncovers a screw at the back of the coil, unscrew that and you can then remove it.
Remove the three small screws holding the back plate on and pull apart.
I have taken all extra plastic and metal coil covers off so it is much smaller
Its a good idea to either plug the inlet port with a drilled and tapped plug before turning the valve down as you lose most of the thread, or tap the existing inlet right to the bottom

Make sure you get the 12 volt valve not the 12 /24 volt version (as I did).
I could not get it to work with 12 volts at pressure much over 120 psi.

I have recently found the there are 2 versions of the 12 volt valve as well.

The left hand one I have used in a custom gun and it works well.
The coil cylinder is part of the valve casting so supports the coil well
Be care full when turning as the metal is quite soft.

Hope this helps

Hello all-
I know this thread has been dead for quite some time but, I am considering the same project and wondering if the OP had luck with this solenoid/FCU combo. Again, sorry for rehashing an old thread...I thought it would be better to piggy back on this one as compared to starting something new on the exact same topic.

Thanks!