Go Down

Topic: Ok, on to Atmega32 (Read 24 times) previous topic - next topic

scubo

I will check this week if it is really working properly. Until now it´s no more than playing around.
But if it will really work for Atmega16, why not for an Atmega32, too?
The problem is that I am doing no more than "try and error". Maybe someone can give me advice how to go on more sistematically.

CrashingDutchman

scubo

I am still playing around with it.
I realized that there is a mistake in the code of my previous post. Unfortunately I dont find the "edit" option to change this post and update it.
"// NOT A PORT" has to be changed twice in "NOT A PORT". Don't ask me why
I uploaded a small programme to test input and output, and it works fine and with the right ports now.  But I still haven´t tested if all ports are really active and what happens with PWM,timer and so on.
I will take a look at it the next days.

CrashingDutchman

You can edit your posts by clicking the 'modify' button at the top of the post (right side of screen).

Thanks for the update!

scubo

It seems that the editing of previous posts only is possible for some hours/days.... sorry.
To avoid that this happens again, I have put now all things on my webpage to be able to update it.

I have tried to make a documentation of the modifications I did and made a small sketch of a very basic Atmega16 board for around 5 Euros.

take a look at
http://www.subtours.com/ralph/theory/atmega16witharduino.html

As far as I have tested now, it seems that everything works fine (analog read and analog write (PWM) as well as serial).
Atmega32 should work as well because it has the same pin distribution.

At the end i took away all "if´s" for atmega8 and 168, because it was too confusing. So when you change the files, it only works for atmega16. Save the original files before testing!

Go Up