Introducing the MEGA_Stick
Alpha Includes (Shown):
* all 1280/2560 pins are broken out
* Sports a *7805 regulator for better heat dissipation to utilize the full 1 amp provided. Also suits real world applications for hobby or automotive, up to 35 volts input on the RAW pin.
* FTDI chip on board for direct USB connection (can also be powered via USB).
* Jumper for enable/disable USB power, data still active with jumper removed.
* on board RESET button
* Included LED for Digital pin 13 but can be disable via solder jumper (no more compensating for the pull up).
* RX and TX LEDs on TX0 and RX0 for visual feedback when loading programs.
* Blue Power LED
* 90 degree USB connector so programs can be loaded while the MEGA_Stick is inside a case or other enclosure.
* On board ISP connector (not seen in the photo).
* Operates on 5v, 16 MHz
* [Edit] 1.3"x4.7" in size
Beta board changes will include
* Min line trace increased from 0.008 to 0.010
* Will support a on-board Real Time Clock Module, DS1307 on underside of board w/Battery back up.
* Will break out the RESET pin (missed it some how)
* Other small issues corrected from Alpha
I will be producing a small run of the Beta boards soon and will have a small stock around 9/13/2010. If you are interested in testing one of these boards or would just like to have one, send me a PM, I will sell just the board with BOM or fully populated. I would like to get your feed back as well before finalizing.
I was going to call this a mega_MINI but someone beat me to it (Ironic) http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1281794635/9
which is a decent board if you are looking for something even smaller.