Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Removing posts that violate others' intellectual property rights?  (Read 1741 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Is there a method or process by which an owner of certain IP can remove or request to be removed, a post that discloses someone else's confidential IP or proprietary information? Or a point of contact at Arduino?

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

Yes, there's the "report to moderator" control on every single post on the forum.

What's your problem?
(Thanks, retrolefty)

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

View Profile

Thanks. I'm hesitant to disclose here, but could you tell me: if I "report to moderator" - what is the process going forward? Thanks again.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

One (or more) of us will look at the post (it gets reported to all of us) and the first one to decide that "confidential IP or proprietary information" is indeed being posted will remove it, and/or possibly report it to "The Arduino Team" if further action needs to be taken.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
View Profile

{nods assertively} we're very discreet.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

View Profile

Thank you much. I really appreciate your assistance.

UK
Tesla Member
View Profile

Does the person who has allegedly committed the offence get an opportunity to defend him/herself before action is taken?

This is not the same as removing offensive material where the Moderators can be left to apply their own standards of "taste".

How can the moderators know that the complainant actually owns the IP? Or has any entitlement to make a complaint about the alleged offense?

(For example, I don't think I have any entitlement to make a formal complaint about someone else abusing Microsoft's IP unless the person is trying to involve me in the abuse)

I can't immdeiately think of any reason why there should be any secrecy. If someone owns IP why shouldn't that be public knowledge.

...R

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
View Profile

Does the person who has allegedly committed the offence get an opportunity to defend him/herself before action is taken?
Certainly, though any relevant material may be removed temporarily, pending investigation, and vexatious complainants will be thumped, vigorously.

UK
Tesla Member
View Profile

Certainly, though any relevant material may be removed temporarily, pending investigation, and vexatious complainants will be thumped, vigorously.

Glad to hear it.

May I make a strong request that there be full public visibility throughout any process where IP rights are challenged.

For example "XXX has been removed following a complaint from CCC that s/he owns the IP rights to XXX.  The person (PPP) who posted the material has been notified and may challenge the complaint. A final decision will be made on DDMMYY."

...R
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:58:30 am by Robin2 » Logged

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
View Profile

Still haven't heard from the OP . . .

NSW Australia
Faraday Member
View Profile

Probably won't as (s)he/ it is not a contributor.

North Queensland, Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

Probably won't as (s)he/ it is not a contributor.

Maybe they have content elsewhere which someone has claimed ownership of here. Or possibly posted copyrighted material.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: