Go Down

Topic: Duemilanove engineering drawings (Read 13152 times) previous topic - next topic

Graynomad

Aug 06, 2010, 01:21 am Last Edit: Aug 06, 2010, 08:06 am by graynomad Reason: 1
Here's an imperial version.

I would say that it's pretty right in the important areas (ie mounting holes and header location), the "tongue" is not quit symetrical and is possibly a bit out.

I emphasize that the headers have been located based on me scaling some photos from the web and making some assumptions. Not exactly best engineering practice but we work with what we got.

I'll package both as a PDF soon, meanwhile if anyone wants to apply a sanity filter that would be good.

@Mowcius
I'm designing a clone (sort of), so the header and hole locations are important, the board outline doesn't matter that much and other components not at all with the possible exception of the DC jack, I just like things to be right.

I tried using Eagle and despite having been a freelance PCB designer in a previous life I gave up after 10 minutes. I will reinstall though if for no other reason than to get dimensions of things like this.
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

cjands40

Looks very nice.  I did compare it to the Duemilanove Eagle files and spotted two discrepancies on the "tongue" you might want to fix.  The 1.45" vertical dimension should be 1.49" and the 1.55" dimension should be 1.59"  8-)  Whoo hoo!

Graynomad

Thanks cjands, I've taken the liberty of rounding those two numbers up by 10 thou, I hope you don't mind. It won't affect anything and makes the numbers all nicely sitting at 1 decimal place (except the infamous J3 location).

Here's the (hopefully) final version.

If there's no more mods after say a day I'll post the PDF.

torontogeek

Aug 06, 2010, 05:53 pm Last Edit: Aug 06, 2010, 06:06 pm by torontogeek Reason: 1
This should be definitive. It was derived form the Eagle artwork for the Real Arduino.

http://siliconrailway.com/images/schematics/EP2193_mech.pdf

The original measurements are all imperial. This is taken from my LEDuino layout files, the mechanical features layer. And no, please don't ask, it is is Altium Designer and I cant export it to anything else useful.

Leon Heller

Aug 06, 2010, 10:37 pm Last Edit: Aug 06, 2010, 10:39 pm by leon_heller Reason: 1
Here is my version:

I imported the Eagle file into Pulsonix, and used that for the dimensioning.
Leon Heller
G1HSM

Graynomad

Thanks torontogeek and Leon, that confirms what we have I think.

So here's the PDF.

http://www.robgray.com/temp/Arduino-PCB-dimensions.pdf

Hopefully it will be useful to a few people.

jonsn0w

@ Graynomad:

Hi

As I'm looking at my Arduino, the distance from the left edge to digital pin 8 is less than the distance from the left edge to pin Vin. However on the picture you posted 48.8 although shown as less is greater than 44.7. Is it possible they are not reversed by accident?

Graynomad

Oct 01, 2010, 04:56 am Last Edit: Oct 01, 2010, 05:02 am by graynomad Reason: 1
Good catch jonsn0w, I think the imperial version is right, just a stuff up with the conversion I guess.

I've changed the PDF and the above link will get the new file, but can't edit my last post to indicate this as the "modify | remove" links have disappeared.

Anyone else have this problem? The post is only a couple of months old, do they get locked at some point?

Nateloaf

Thanks for this.  This was very helpful.

mowcius

Anyone else have this problem? The post is only a couple of months old, do they get locked at some point?

Yeah btw they apparently get locked after 24 hours (from the message I got when I tried to edit an old one)
Knowing this forum, that might change from board to board though  ;D

Mowcius

jeckson

Hai

Zageek have eagle template for shield..

http://geekstudio.co.za/dev/arduino-shield-template

modified,export to pic,etc...

Regards
Jeckson

Go Up