Go Down

Topic: Anyone made their own Mega? (Read 820 times) previous topic - next topic

andrewSouthAfrica

Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone has made there own arduino mega? I imagine its easer to make the 1280 version, any1 given it a bash?

mowcius

Oct 22, 2010, 10:51 am Last Edit: Oct 22, 2010, 11:07 am by mowcius Reason: 1
You mean using the mega board files?

People have made a number of boards using the ATmega 1280 or 2560 chip (or just other ATmega SMD chips which have less pins).

I have not seen any boards produced 'at home' with the ATmega 1280 on but I have seen other SMD chips done on home-made circuit boards.

So... what exactly is the question? ;)

andrewSouthAfrica

Thanks for your response. Basically I want a board that I can get etched on a milling machine, which has the atmega1280 chip and which I can run in the arduino environment. Any eagle files in the public domain that I could use?

mowcius

Basically I want a board that I can get etched on a milling machine

How accurate's your milling machine?

So basically you're looking for a single layer board. I don't think I've seen any...

andrewSouthAfrica

yip I have, that forum started to get a bit off topic so I reposted to see If I would have more luck. Thanks for your help mate  :)

BlueDragon747

Oct 26, 2010, 09:16 am Last Edit: Oct 26, 2010, 09:17 am by BlueDragon747 Reason: 1
I can etch 2 layer myself but it takes so much time just to make 1 board and its not the cheapest, I used a mega clone board (yes made in china and cost about £3) then built with custom components e.g larger 2560 chip  :)

check my post out for images of the build:
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1288073504

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy