Poll
Question: suggestion about SIM508(GPS+GPRS) and any other
SIM508 - 15 (68.2%)
Any other - 7 (31.8%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: New GPRS module for Arduino  (Read 2341 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, unfaithfully I haven't solve my problem, now I'm getting something but it's not enough, after the connect message I can just send one char then the ktc notify appears and I have to set my at commands again, I know that the char is send because I'm listening the socket on a server
and I don´t know why just one char is sent.

I'm using AC-DC power supply with a 220uF capacitor, and I don´t know we I only sending one char… any ideas?

Cheers

Landskrona
Google is your mother's friend
View Profile

Is it only I that cant get the HiLO upgrader to work?
I have replaced the mfc42.dll tried to unregister and reregister it. rebooting computer downloading a new one same procedure and still gets

In English it says "Can't find order number"...
Any ideas? my hair is getting grayer and grayer^^
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:21:05 pm by SteNull » Logged

Landskrona
View Profile

Found a solution to my problem...
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1253264258

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I cant get the gprs module to work in standalone mode. I can send sms messages no problem using the hyperterminal and the code given in the libelium tutorial. I have the Arduino using a power adapter and the capacitor as shown but still no messages when the device is put in standalone configuration. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  :-?

Landskrona
View Profile

I cant get the gprs module to work in standalone mode. I can send sms messages no problem using the hyperterminal and the code given in the libelium tutorial. I have the Arduino using a power adapter and the capacitor as shown but still no messages when the device is put in standalone configuration. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  Huh

Have u read this entire thread and is your module upgraded to a newer firmware? if not u can start by doing that, upgradeing info can be found @ www.libelium.com
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 04:06:14 am by SteNull » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I had been trying to upgrade the firmware on the module but kept getting an error saying serial detect reached max loop (22) COM 3. and the upgrade fails.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

wooooo hooooo..it suddenly started working for some reason.. happy days  smiley, now if i can just get it to send sms in stand alone .... :smiley

Landskrona
View Profile

Ok Libelium isn't the best in documentations.
Have u put your module baud rate with command AT+IPR=115200 and is the shield in "USB mode" also is the hilo-upgrader the only program connected to your Arduino?

[edit]Ok nice smiley[/edit]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:35:33 am by SteNull » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Just wanted to say, I had a similar problem sending SMS from the arduino standalone and after the upgrade to Hilo version 7, the problem was solved. By the way, make sure that you follow the tutorial from libelium to perform the firmware upgrade. The module must be turned on rigth after connecting it to the PC, wait about 20 secs and then hit the upgrade button on the Hilo upgrade program.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi, I'm using the GPRS Module (Sagem Hilo) to connect me to a .php page and
get some information like a phone number, name etc. The problem is that I don't know how to read that
data. I tried to use Serial.read but the data that readed is not that I
want. Any help?

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hello,

I try with no success to start initial communication with the libellium GPRS hardware. I use an hyperterminal with the rigth parameters but never receive any answer from the hardware ... (I removed the ATMega328) and the voltages (0, 3,3 and 5V are ok on the GPRS shield ) Have yoy an idea ?
Many thank's

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Jump to: