Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: suggestion for a future upgrade of arduino IDE  (Read 2354 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to post this kind of 3D. I'm working on a long  sketch and in the next version of arduino Ide i'd like too see some user interface improvments like:

a sort of "comprime/expand" function to hide or show the methods ( maybe called functions in C++) to make the code reading more easy (like in eclipse) and a kinda of label system where you put a label in a specific raw and with an explorer window move throght they to make faster the movement on the sketch (maybe also with a command "next label").

I know that the entire Arduino system is "free to play" but i think that these are little things that create a big advantage for the community.

Thx for reading

[I can't hold my self to make this kind of 3D in every forum i has been  smiley-razz]

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

At the right hand side of the IDE there is TAB button.
You can break your sketch into tabs. I generally have 5 or 6 for a big sketch:
file name tab, put notes here
a_presetup, #includes, #defines, pin definition, arrays, variable declarations
b_setup, pinModes, Serial.begin, SPI.begin, Wire.begin, etc.
c_loop
d_more_loop
e_even_more_loop if needed
f_functions if have them
etc.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: