Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Selling Ardweenys  (Read 506 times)
flash, flash, then wait for it.. Double flash!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi All!

I've ordered a few small Ardweenys to put together and possibly sell, but i'm curious if anyone is interested in buying the kit i plan to put together, which would include:

1x Ardweeny
1x Tiny Breadboard (set up with a voltage regulator already connected to the ardweeny)
Some test jumper cables
Some LEDs (w/ resistors included) to play around with
Guide on how to upload to it without a breakout

I really like these small One-Chip setups, but they're a little fiddly to put together, hence why i'm looking into selling them as prefab with a few little extras to add value- take the "fun" part out of making them. Any ideas or suggestions?

flash, flash, then wait for it.. Double flash!
View Profile

Seems this is getting some views but no responses! I'll provide some further detail:

I've been looking at how to increase the value a little. For starters, I added an LM7805 to the power input to regulate at 5v. I've also looked into adding a barrel connector so you can just plug them in without any worries. They're rather breadboard-prototypeish arduinos but i've used them in space constrained applications like a digital dash readout. I'm just curious if people are actually interested in these little kits and what they want out of them. I plan to make my own arduino variant at some point around the One-Chip design, but really need to know what's missing in the current ones. Also, what would be a good price point to sell these modded ardweenys i made? the kits are 10.00 USD but there's a lot of small work that some people hate doing. I was thinking around 20-25 but not sure what others are willing to pay.

Any suggestions?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Your variants sound like the $12.50 RBBB  variants.
$20-25 is than higher than variants such as the prominis.
Tough market to get into.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: