Go Down

Topic: Robot Camera  With  2.8" TFT (Read 26 times) previous topic - next topic

pluggy

Jan 01, 2011, 09:23 am Last Edit: Jan 01, 2011, 09:28 am by stephen_t Reason: 1
The camera is still being sold on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/AVR-Atmega32-OV7670-262K-TFT-LCD-Module-Board-/200540198562?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb12096a2

The seller makes no wild claims about doing anything with an arduino with it and even admits the touchscreen doesn't have a controller so the one thing an arduino could realistically do can't be done.  The onbaord Atmega is apparently accessible as a Atmega development tool, with an ICSP port but thats about it.

If you read the posts by rrak who from his posts does have a clue and has bought one of these and worked for weeks to get it to do something with an arduino failed and gave the same conclusion I came to from the outset. An Atmega doesn't stand a chance of doing anything with the camera output, even if some of the more useful outputs were wired which they don't appear to be.  

I can't honestly think of anything useful it could be used for in its present form.  A camera, graphics chip and an LCD wired together on a board with an Atmega microcontroller that appears to do very little.

redruff

Quickly realizing that.
But I guess at a minimum, an Arduino could be used with a PIR to at least turn the thing into a motion activated recorded. Then let the camera/board control everything else. With the only option of storing on the SD card.

redruff

How do you get the touch screen controls to show up on these units?

pluggy

The Ebay vendor says they don't have them any more, probably because they haven't put a touch screen controller on the newer ones.

Having the arduino take a picture and store it on the SD card is probably its limit, you could probably dispense with the arduino and use the boards own Atmega if you could figure out how to program it.  Time lapse photography could be an option  as well as an external PIR/sensor come to think of it.  

Victor422

Hi pluggy,
I found that another Ebay seller still sell the new version 2.8 TFT camera kit. They have touch screen controller and a SD/TF card socket on the board, maybe we can store image into the SD card.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-REV-2-8-TFT-LCD-Board-Camera-Module-Source-Code-/280558226914?pt=BI_Electrical_Equipment_Tools&hash=item415292cde2 ;D

Go Up