Go Down

Topic: Shield pin usage list (Read 27 times) previous topic - next topic

mowcius

Om nom nom free stuffs :)

Do I get something for each shield I submit or just the one? :D

Would it be tricky to add the ICSP header onto your pin usage diagram? Quite a number of shields use it now (especially to become mega compatible).

What about Mega shields, you accepting those too?

Mowcius

mowcius

Hmm no free stuffs yet...

Mowcius waits patiently.

Jonathan Oxer

Hi Mowcius, I emailed asking for your postal address but I don't think I ever got a reply. I've just searched my email again to make sure and I can't find anything.

Could you please email your postal address to jon@oxer.com.au again?

Cheers

mowcius

Hi Mowcius, I emailed asking for your postal address but I don't think I ever got a reply.

Hmm, didn't receive anything but it might have been due to my end. My email program had a phase of sending out random reply email addresses...

I'll send it.  ;)

The website's coming on great.

Mowcius

RobotPower

You should make sure you have a way to handle optional pin usage.  

My new motor shield http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1288647984/0#0 can use any of the 6 PWM outputs, several of the digital outputs for enable and any of the 6 analog inputs - all user selectable via jumpers.  

Further different numbers of pins can be used for this shield in different operational modes.  The minimum number is 1 and the maximum is 5.

It doesn't seem fair to say the unit uses all of the possible pins and yet it should be indicated somehow those CAN be used.

Just a comment, hard coding particular pins seems dumb to me if you want your shield to be able to work with others.

/me

Go Up