Go Down

Topic: Shield pin usage list (Read 29928 times) previous topic - next topic

Jonathan Oxer

That's right, I'd forgotten I was going to do that. I'll do a bit of a cleanup and put it on GitHub.

I wouldn't take it as an example of a great way to do it though!
--
Jon

mowcius

I wouldn't take it as an example of a great way to do it though!

Well it seems to work ok :D

I've used one of my protoshields now ;) Well, almost. I have it reserved for something...

orbitalair

Hi,

I love the site, but PLEASE get the tabular form up.

Also, since I view this from a developers side,
IF a shield uses I2C, please list the ADDRESS or ADDRESS Range usable.

Also how might one develop a spi shield and give a few choices for CS/SS pins?  Everyone can't be on 10 or whatever the default CS is.
What if a user wants to use >1 spi device?

Thanks.

Jonathan Oxer

IF a shield uses I2C, please list the ADDRESS or ADDRESS Range usable.

For things like that I list it in the "notes" section that appears directly below the shield diagram, but only if I know what it is. I've spent many, many hours going through circuit diagrams and documentation for shields trying to find info like that but I can't do it all myself! If you have information about any particular shields please click the link at the bottom of the page to send me a correction.

Also how might one develop a spi shield and give a few choices for CS/SS pins?

That's entirely up to you. The easiest is probably to run something like a 2x3 male header, with all pins on one side connected to the chip CS and the other three pins connected to three digital lines. Then users can put a little 2-way jumper header in place to select which digital line to use.
--
Jon
Security Sensor Shield: www.freetronics.com/secsense

NRG WILL

Ok, you guys are the pin experts... I have found 100 different takes on this... so what is the answer:

I have an Arduino Mega 2560 and and EthernetSD- V5 it looks like from your "Shield" website.

Does one have to run jumpers and bend out the pins for 10,11,12 and 13 and jump them to 50,51,52 and 53??? :'(

please help the noob!  ::)

remspoor

Hi,

Version 5 is compatible with the Arduino Mega 2560. The PCB has an ICSP connector at the bottom to reach the right pins i believe.

This is from the shield page (i couldn't post a link, 1st post?)
- 8< ----
It is compatible with the Arduino Duemilanove and Mega (using the Ethernet library coming in Arduino 0019)
- 8< ----

I'm using these 2 boards myself without modifying anything

Sooo.... _NO_ pin bending needed ;-)

Rinus

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy