Go Down

Topic: Shield pin usage list (Read 28214 times) previous topic - next topic

Jonathan Oxer

That's right, I'd forgotten I was going to do that. I'll do a bit of a cleanup and put it on GitHub.

I wouldn't take it as an example of a great way to do it though!
--
Jon

mowcius

I wouldn't take it as an example of a great way to do it though!

Well it seems to work ok :D

I've used one of my protoshields now ;) Well, almost. I have it reserved for something...

orbitalair

Hi,

I love the site, but PLEASE get the tabular form up.

Also, since I view this from a developers side,
IF a shield uses I2C, please list the ADDRESS or ADDRESS Range usable.

Also how might one develop a spi shield and give a few choices for CS/SS pins?  Everyone can't be on 10 or whatever the default CS is.
What if a user wants to use >1 spi device?

Thanks.

Jonathan Oxer

IF a shield uses I2C, please list the ADDRESS or ADDRESS Range usable.

For things like that I list it in the "notes" section that appears directly below the shield diagram, but only if I know what it is. I've spent many, many hours going through circuit diagrams and documentation for shields trying to find info like that but I can't do it all myself! If you have information about any particular shields please click the link at the bottom of the page to send me a correction.

Also how might one develop a spi shield and give a few choices for CS/SS pins?

That's entirely up to you. The easiest is probably to run something like a 2x3 male header, with all pins on one side connected to the chip CS and the other three pins connected to three digital lines. Then users can put a little 2-way jumper header in place to select which digital line to use.
--
Jon
Security Sensor Shield: www.freetronics.com/secsense

NRG WILL

Ok, you guys are the pin experts... I have found 100 different takes on this... so what is the answer:

I have an Arduino Mega 2560 and and EthernetSD- V5 it looks like from your "Shield" website.

Does one have to run jumpers and bend out the pins for 10,11,12 and 13 and jump them to 50,51,52 and 53??? :'(

please help the noob!  ::)

remspoor

Hi,

Version 5 is compatible with the Arduino Mega 2560. The PCB has an ICSP connector at the bottom to reach the right pins i believe.

This is from the shield page (i couldn't post a link, 1st post?)
- 8< ----
It is compatible with the Arduino Duemilanove and Mega (using the Ethernet library coming in Arduino 0019)
- 8< ----

I'm using these 2 boards myself without modifying anything

Sooo.... _NO_ pin bending needed ;-)

Rinus

Go Up