Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pins  (Read 4288 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I want to know if i can putany element i anoyone pin and then programme it?

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Your question does not make any sense in english. Would you like to try again, maybe with more details?

Lefty

Arduino rocks
View Profile

What I've to do to connect any element on Arduino UNO..
There are specials pins for the elements, or I just can put it and then programme it.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Sorry, "any element" does tell me what you wish to connect to your arduino. What do you mean by 'element'?

Lefty

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

I want to know if i can putany element i anoyone pin and then programme it?
No,

The Arduino has analog pins used for 10bit sampling of 0..5V (unless AREF pin is used), other pins are digitAL IO only, some pins have hardcoded I2C, analog pins can be used as digital output but digital pins cannot be used as analog, pin13 is special, as it has a build in led, pin 0 and 1 are RS232, pin 2 and 3 can be used for ISR()'s other pins might also be usable for ISR()'s but at least that is far more difficult. Then there are PWM pins ...

Fortunately there is the tutorial section - http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HomePage - where a lot is explained how to use the different pins.

If you prefer a book try - http://www.earthshineelectronics.com/files/ASKManualRev4.pdf - it can be downloaded free and contains a lot of information. Don't know if that is the last version though.

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Pin D13 has in internal LED & current limiting resistor, if an exernal LED is used an external current limit resistor should also be used.
Pins 0 & 1 are serial lines at TTL levels (no-activity level is High, Low indicates the start bit coming in); not true RS232, which can use levels from +/-3 to +/- 15  or more, the high voltage being the no-activity level.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: