Go Down

Topic: LCD shield and/or LCD serial backpack (Read 34 times) previous topic - next topic

Atmoz

Feb 02, 2008, 05:56 pm Last Edit: Feb 02, 2008, 06:05 pm by Atmoz Reason: 1
hi atmoz,

the code should be easily portable. in fact the original code was written for a pic if i rememeber correctly. the only arduino specific thing should be the pins definition at the beginning.

best, kuk

Hello Kuk,

Thanks for the fast reply.
Sounds really nice again!! So only change

Code: [Select]

int LCD_POWER_PIN = 11;
int LCD_DC_PIN    = 2; //  PB0  4 Data Command
int LCD_CE_PIN    = 3; //  PB2  5 /CS   active low chip select ??
int SPI_MOSI_PIN  = 4; //  PB3  3 Serial   line
int LCD_RST_PIN   = 5; //  PB4  8 /RES RESET
int SPI_CLK_PIN   = 6; //  PB5  2 CLOCK

into the right pins at an ATmega48?
Nothing else? clockspeeds, timings, etc??

[edit]

I don't have a Arduino yet, so I can't test it. Therefore I ask this :)

kuuk

note that the out commented port names are from the original code. well, so i guess it was AVR rather than pic.

Nothing else? clockspeeds, timings, etc??

ok. good you're asking again.
there's a little arduino specific stuff inside which boils down to delayMicroseconds() at some places, i think. your compiler should warn you if there's more. you can just replace them with something else that "delays" the program. but i've not touched the code for over a year. it really was on of the first thing i hacked together when i got my first board. i just posted it to encourage others to work with the display.

timing isn't crucial here because of the spi clock line. i think the display was very tolerant. but really, if your not working with the arduino IDE at all, you might be better of checking out those links provided by follower a few posts up. the only thing "special" about my code is that it works on an arduino like it is. plus, i removed the lowercase letters from the bitmap to make it fit into an atmega8. more a bug than a feature.

kuk

Cheater

Ok I've been perfecting the PCB and double checking prices.
It looks like I can easily make them for $10 each. :)

I'll plan how I'm going to organize distributing them and then I will start making. :)

Atmoz

Ok I've been perfecting the PCB and double checking prices.
It looks like I can easily make them for $10 each. :)

I'll plan how I'm going to organize distributing them and then I will start making. :)

Sounds good :D
Let us know when they are ready. I think I'll order some :) (and hopefully the shipment costs aren't that much...)

And thanks for the answer kuk!

Regards,

Atmoz

Cheater

Assuming Australia Post calls it a letter and not a parcel, shipping will only be about $3.85 AUD. :)
To the US it should take about 4 - 6 days.

This is using Australia Post's online calculator so it may not be exact. I need to find out more details.
http://www1.auspost.com.au/pac/int_letter.asp

Go Up