Go Down

Topic: LCD shield and/or LCD serial backpack (Read 34 times) previous topic - next topic

mem

Feb 07, 2008, 11:24 am Last Edit: Feb 07, 2008, 11:25 am by mem Reason: 1
Cheater, sounds good, looking forward to hearing when you are ready to ship.

According to the oz post web site, items smaller than 260mm x 360mm and under 20mm in thickness count as a letter.

Cheater

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AXTX2AHO
There is the brd and sch files for it. Can someone double check it? ;)

It features a ATmega8 core with Power, SPI, I2C, Serial, Reset and Wait pins on one side.
The other side matches a LCD's pinout including backlight pins.

Two transistors power the contrast and the backlight.
The contrast one has a capacitor to try and smooth out the voltage. I'm thinking 0.1uf but I'm not sure.
I'm also not sure if the resistor on the contrast transistor is required. If it isnt then it means less parts to worry about.

The pull up resistor for the reset pad will be 10k.
I'm not sure about the lcd backlight one. I use 100ohms on my lcds and it works fine but I'll be reading the datasheets to be sure.

Any suggestions for part values would be greatly appreciated.
I'm going for low part count because Futurlec only sells in batches of 5,000 and I dont want too many different values.
My main concern is the contrast capacitor.

kuuk

looks like you have to be registered to get the file from megaupload!? maybe rather post an image file, so we can see it here?

mem

looks like you have to be registered to get the file from megaupload!? maybe rather post an image file, so we can see it here?

kuk, you just have to wait a minute before it does the download. The invitation to register is for instant downloads.

I got the file and a quick glance on eagle looks good. But I don't have enough PCB design experience to review the design.

kuuk

ah, thanks. i think i got distracted by the german translation of the page :-) looked like a redirect.

Go Up