Go Down

Topic: LCD shield and/or LCD serial backpack (Read 34 times) previous topic - next topic

chrisco

Just a question: You do not provide a ground signal to your SPI, SER and I2C connectors. I would have expected these to have a ground since they are not differential. Am I missing something?

mem

Cheater, The 3d view shows the header pins for the LCD and arduino interface on the same side of the board.  If I am visualising this correctly, I presume the arduino interface header will be mounted on the opposite side of the board to the LCD header.

Cheater

Just a question: You do not provide a ground signal to your SPI, SER and I2C connectors. I would have expected these to have a ground since they are not differential. Am I missing something?

Yes your missing the 5V and the GND connector on it. ;)
The user will have to connect all the grounds together themselves if power and signal are coming from two different sources.
Cheater, The 3d view shows the header pins for the LCD and arduino interface on the same side of the board.  If I am visualising this correctly, I presume the arduino interface header will be mounted on the opposite side of the board to the LCD header.

Yep. The 3d view looks pretty but its not perfect.

Btw xSmurf made me add RS232 to the list of interfaces it supports. :)
Going to see if I can fit a crystal on it, if not then I'll order.

Severino

There was a demo of a LCD shield at the last NYC hack lab.

Cheater

Well 100 PCBs are now coming to me along with 4,000 capacitors and 5,000 resistors. :)
I'll have enough to populate 30 PCBs. The Atmel chips get expensive quicky ($100 for 30).

Around half are earmarked for this first run so about 10 will be for sale. :)
If they are popular then I can have another batch ready within about 5 days after that.

There was a demo of a LCD shield at the last NYC hack lab.

Interesting. Got a url?

Go Up